drank Academy Road Rooibos by Cornelia Bean

After a restless half-sleep, this is what I’m sipping now (cold) as I try and rouse myself. Mate, make your magic!

I left this in the fridge overnight, as I brewed it, took a few sips, and then realized it had mate in it. My daughter poached the majority of it for her thermos to take to school… “Mom, this is so much better than the Root Beer Float tea in the fridge.” “Yes honey, that’s because Root Beer Float is cold brewing and likely needs more time.” In typical teenage fashion, she shrugged her shoulders and ran off. She graciously left me one cup to try, so I could actually log and rate it here.

Cold, this is thick and slightly buttery. I taste the rooibos and lost the mate, except for at the end with a touch of dryness. There’s caramel in here too somewhere, although I’m only getting it hidden in my jaw, like a tartness I’m just shy of tasting, yet know that’s caramel giving me that mouth-watering, tingly reaction. A touch of Truvia really brings out the caramel flavors to a burnt toffee-ish taste. There’s something else in there that I can feel, however there’s zero taste to it. Adds to the faint dryness at the end.

A lovely cup, and a huge thanks to Dexter3657 for the sample!

JustJames

hahahahahahahaha. sounds like our son. no cup goes unslurped. if he ever gets mono we’ll all have a problem. ;0P

MissB

This makes sense to me, that our respective children are both characters and tea lovers. :)

JustJames

hey…. we could introduce them, lol. could be a happy mischief match!