drank Funky Spiced Maple by Steep This!

Thanks to Dexter3657 for this sample!

I’m confused by this tea. It smells very much like maple candies in the bag, and steeped it smells mostly like rooibos. What confuses me is the taste. I mean, I LOVE the taste. It reminds me of my childhood, and an odd Dutch treat my Mom would give me that she loved, called zout. Basically, there were plain chewy licorice kitties (I forget their name – that’s what this tea tastes like to me), zout (hard, coin-shaped salted licorice), and double zout (I’m sure you can figure that one out).

All I’m getting from this is the chewy kitty licorice candies. Last time I had them, my Mom had long passed, and I was in the MOST amazing European deli in Courtenay, BC, on Vancouver Island. (For a small island town, Courtenay has some amazing businesses including one of my all-time favorite yarn shops, The Tea Centre, and this European Deli. I miss them all dearly). Anyway, I digress.

This is a maple-spiced tea, yet all I get is chewy kitty licorice – and I have yet to sweeten it. Take from that what you will, however just from the memory alone that it evokes, I’ll definitely buy more of this.

Dexter

Strange that you would be picking up that much fennel, but if it is evoking memories then I guess that’s a good thing…..

MissB

Is there even fennel in it? It’s very strange. I had four cups (four!) and all of them were sweet chewy licorice to me. Oh wait, there was a fair amount of fennel in the bag you sent… I’m okay with it, however I’d say someone who dislikes licorice tasting teas would probably want to steer clear. Me, I thought this was awesome.

JustJames

i remember those candies…. i had a friend that would share hers with me. they were grand.

Comments

Dexter

MissB

JustJames

Love: fruity, dessert, chai, spicy, all types of tea.

Vancouver, BC, Canada