drank Coco-Lemon Thai by DAVIDsTEA

Went to DAVIDs today to pick up some tea for some of you lovely Steepsters for gifts/swaps, and the gal behind the counter offered me a free cuppa tea when I was done. Well, thank you, I think I will!

She steeped it at a lower temperature than normal she said, so that the “caffeine stayed in the leaves more”. Wow. Really? I need to learn more about my teas I think, if this is the case with whites and greens.

Zero sugar or cream/milk, yet this was a buttery, lovely cup. The staffer suggested I grab some later to use while making rice (steep the water in the tea, then make rice with it for a Thai meal) and… oh my goodness YES I want to do this. I love Thai food. I make it as often as I have the ingredients on hand, although doing so now makes it tricky since I wrote off all grains. Lucky me though, my SPUD box comes tomorrow, and in it will be a boatload of spaghetti squash for exactly this reason.

Anyway. It’s a lovely Thai-inspired tea with notes of lemongrass, coconut and cream. Very light on the tea, very buttery and creamy, and quite the treat while on my shopping spree today.

JustJames

i romance this tea all summer. lovely as a latte….. we grew apart, be we spent some lovely times together…. =0)….. oh, and best thing in my life next to family friends and tea? my temperature programmable kettle. amazon sell em’ totally worth it!!

OMGsrsly

Canadian Tire often has programmable kettles on sale, too, JustJames. :D I got mine for $50, and it’s love.

MissB

Oh yes, I already splurged on a Breville Tea Maker a few months back. It changed my world when it came to making tea.

I think it’s time that I grabbed a 50g package of this.. I want to try it as a coconut milk latte.

JustJames

=0) we are all terrible influences on one another…. isn’t it grand?

Tuscanteal

Oooo that sounds heavenly. I also make thai food from scratch. Love love love!

Tuscanteal

And the Breville tea maker changed my world.

OMGsrsly

OMG a Breville. That is seriously on my “want” list. After all the hiking gear I need for next summer’s TWO family hikes. Gotta get my pack weight down!

JustJames

i am not even looking up a breville. i have a cuisinart… it will do me for a good while! =0)

MissB

Heh. It’s basically kettle that both boils the water to whatever temperature you set it to, and then steeps your tea for you in the basket (it actually moves the steeper up and down during the steep time). Then, it beeps when done. It’s also programmable to set for the morning so your tea is ready when you get up, although I have yet to use that feature. It’s pricey, and so worth it. I hear the Cuisinarts are amazing too!

MissB

.. and yes, I love that we’re all such horrible influences on one another… ;) OMGsrsly, I hope you can splurge on one soon, or that someone splurges on one for you!

Thai is so easy to make really, it’s just having the ingredients on hand.

Amariel

I, too, had a love affair with this one over the spring/summer. I’ll have to try it with rice. I wonder how steeping in coconut milk and cooking the rice in that would be.

Comments

JustJames

JustJames

=0) we are all terrible influences on one another…. isn’t it grand?

Tuscanteal

Oooo that sounds heavenly. I also make thai food from scratch. Love love love!

Tuscanteal

And the Breville tea maker changed my world.

MissB

Thai is so easy to make really, it’s just having the ingredients on hand.

Amariel