drank Chocolate Orange by DAVIDsTEA

My go-to cup when I’m in the mall and wanting a nice pick-me-up. Sadly, I just noticed there’s actual dairy/chocolate bits in there (a downfall when asking someone else to make tea for you, is that you avoid seeing the bits and pieces in the brew).

Of bigger note during this visit was the reaction of a staffer for whom I’d left some tea for a few days back. The person who took it from me failed to tell said staffer, and just ‘left it in the back’. So when I entered DAVIDs today, I asked the gal I’d brought it for if she got it… and then all hell (in a good way!) broke out. Squeals, laughter, hugs across the counter, and even a long, slow running actual hug in thanks. She went in the back to find it, said she’d hoped it was the tea I’d left for her, and would I be offended if she brewed some up right now?

Gosh no. And so, the smell of Mint Chocolate Chip tea from another company took over DAVIDs at Metrotown today, and I take full responsibility for the chaos, squeals, and new friendships that ensued. Yay for tea!

OMGsrsly

That’s too awesome. :)

JustJames

hmmmm. heh heh heh. have i got a treat for you leaving…… =0)

Dexter3657

Awwweeee great story!!!!

MissB

What was funniest was the gal behind the counter showing me how much I’d made her day by this tiny gift, while the friend I’d dragged into DAVIDs laughed at our nerdiness, and then spent most of the visit texting. Which is cool, because I do the same thing sometimes. Just funny to me how tea can really bond some of us.

Heh. I look forward to what you have in store, JustJames!

VariaTEA

My sister has a friend who gets really excited with me about teas and my sister just kind of sits there and shakes her head. I think our love of tea is just too much for some people.

JustJames

i love to surprise people with tea…. love to spring a happy leafy surprise. i’m glad you had such an awesome tea ninja day!

Tuscanteal

Sooo cute!! My boyfriend thinks I’m a tea junkie, but has accepted it as one of my very very cute quirks. I love tea!

Comments

OMGsrsly

That’s too awesome. :)

JustJames

hmmmm. heh heh heh. have i got a treat for you leaving…… =0)

Dexter3657

Awwweeee great story!!!!

MissB

Heh. I look forward to what you have in store, JustJames!

VariaTEA

Tuscanteal

Teaholic, with a leaning toward rooibos, green, puerh and white teas, although I’m trying some black tea again. Missing living near a tea shoppe that offers a lot of options; my only (within walking distance) choices are currently mall-bound. Still, I have a whole cupboard dedicated to tea.

Burnaby, BC, Canada