drank Carrot Cake by Della Terra Teas

I’m cranky. I’m tired. I wanted tea more than anything tonight, and had little patience to find something I really, really wanted without caffeine. So, I grabbed this. I actually grabbed a few others prior, because I wanted to try something Della Terra -ish tonight as I made an order with them. This was the only decaf that smelled like something other than the seemingly standard maple syrup -flavored pancake syrup smell I’ve come to associate with many of DT’s rooibos teas.

Dry and steeped, I got little from this other than perhaps some carrot and rooibos. It’s an okay blend, however I’m still getting that pancake-syrupy sweetness and little else. Cream cheese? I wish I tasted some. Carrot cake? Well, maybe. A little, teensy bit?

I feel like I’m doing something wrong with these teas, as all of the DTs have basically tasted the same to me, so far. Not going to rate it, as my crankiness has now taken over.

OMGsrsly

That must be why the Pumpkin one and the Oatmeal Cookie one are so similar – the ubiquitous “flavour”. I hope you find some that work for you.

MissB

I’m sure I will. Really though, I also know there are tons of folks here who will gladly take them off my hands. It could also be me and my general grouchiness tonight. A shower and some tea helped. :)

Comments

OMGsrsly

MissB

Teaholic, with a leaning toward rooibos, green, puerh and white teas, although I’m trying some black tea again. Missing living near a tea shoppe that offers a lot of options; my only (within walking distance) choices are currently mall-bound. Still, I have a whole cupboard dedicated to tea.

Burnaby, BC, Canada