I’m at the point now where I’m deciding which tea to drink because it’s literally hitting me on the head when I open my cupboard. This was the first decaf that came tumbling down, and thus I prepped it for drinking.

I underleafed this significantly based on what the website says (1/2 tb per 8 ounces) vs. what my package said (1 tsp per 8 ounces). As I always use the package instructions when steeping (if there are any), I went with 1 tsp – and it seems just peachy at that amount.

This tea reminds me of a hike in dense, moist, cooler underbrush like at Cathedral Grove on Vancouver Island, where I come to a clearing of cinnamon bushes. Seriously. That’s what this tea is to me.

There’s something spicy in there, and I had to double check that this wasn’t a chai initially, because it easily could be. Strong cinnamon flavor with spice, perhaps minty, green, almost pine-like, and then something sweet in there too. I can, and have, easily downed two cups of this unsweetened with CelebriTEA’s turkey tea cups she sent me, and will finish off this sample size with two more cups to go.

A lovely cool weather drink that reminds you how toasty it is inside while still appreciating the majestic outdoors.

Dexter

LOL you know you’re addicted to tea when….you choose which tea to drink by which fall out of the cabinet. You’re funny…

Whispering Pines Tea Company

most likely what you’re tasting that seems spicy is the tulsi and the sweetness is coming from the elder berries, cinnamon, and lemon balm :) glad you liked this!

OMGsrsly

Oh, that’s hilarious! I was at that point, and now I have an extra basket on the counter of the stuff that kept falling out of the cupboard. At least the basket is easy to move if I need the space for cooking. :)

TheTeaFairy

Very funny! Actually, sounds like an excellent random picking method when you can’t make up your mind, make a wish and just open your cupboard!!!

Comments

Dexter

Whispering Pines Tea Company