I’m hesitant to try this tea, only because I’ve had little luck with anything so far from Naked Teas Galore. Yet in my super-obsession, I’ve decided making room is more important – and thus when this fell down, it was my choice for the evening. Oh yeah, and a green/rooibos blend, which should be interesting for sleep this evening.

In the bag this did smell like a creamy candy cane, with a hint of floral notes. Steeped, it tastes mildly minty for the first cup or so. Slowly it evolved into something a bit creamier and decadent, but it really wasn’t great until I added some Truvia. Then, it really did become a minty, creamy candy cane, and likely better if I was willing to add some cream/milk/soy to it.

Steeping parameters were interesting: 3-4 min on the bag (2-3 min on their website) and 176F (my kettle went to 175F), and 1 tsp/6oz, so I overleafed slightly at 1.5 tsp per 8 oz.

I doubt I’ll restock this, however I’m sure I’ll manage to drink it down.

Burnaby, BC, Canada