I’m hesitant to try this tea, only because I’ve had little luck with anything so far from Naked Teas Galore. Yet in my super-obsession, I’ve decided making room is more important – and thus when this fell down, it was my choice for the evening. Oh yeah, and a green/rooibos blend, which should be interesting for sleep this evening.

In the bag this did smell like a creamy candy cane, with a hint of floral notes. Steeped, it tastes mildly minty for the first cup or so. Slowly it evolved into something a bit creamier and decadent, but it really wasn’t great until I added some Truvia. Then, it really did become a minty, creamy candy cane, and likely better if I was willing to add some cream/milk/soy to it.

Steeping parameters were interesting: 3-4 min on the bag (2-3 min on their website) and 176F (my kettle went to 175F), and 1 tsp/6oz, so I overleafed slightly at 1.5 tsp per 8 oz.

I doubt I’ll restock this, however I’m sure I’ll manage to drink it down.

I own an obscene amount of tea, and am always happy to share. Just got back from a six month exploration of Western Europe, so I’ve got some pretty lovely tea that we just can’t easily find this side of the pond. Woot!

In addition to loving tea, I’m a dating columnist, nerd, and avid knitter. I read way too much, type even more, and spend my ‘free’ time exploring, playing board games, reading, hiking, hanging with friends.

Allergies: Strawberries and all grains. I’m having a mild allergic reaction to both lavender and some roses in tea, although for some reason the French seem to have figured out how to do this without making me ill. I also avoid sugar and Splenda where possible.

Burnaby, BC, Canada