A huge thanks to JennyFur for sharing this with me in our swap!

I was really excited about this tea, even though JennyFur wasn’t a huge fan of it. I love lemonade and I’ve had some lovely decaf lemon teas of late, so I was hoping to have an excuse to get even more.

Unfortunately, I had to search for steeping instructions, and prepared the tea for drinking prior to realizing it was only suitable (or recommended) as a cold brew. Darn it! It was wet already from my having washed out the steamer basket.. so I just committed to it hot. Yep, I can do this.

Like JennyFur, I found this to be really Pledge-like smelling. It actually smells quite lovely, it’s just.. there’s something chemical-y about it. I actually like the taste, although I seem to be having a reaction to it. Sweetened, it tastes lovely as well – and still this reaction.

Sigh. I’m really grateful to JennyFur for sharing this; she saved me a lot of cash by letting me try a sample. I’m going to leave off a rating, because I think to do it justice, I should have cold brewed it instead.

Roswell Strange

I really enjoyed this one (don’t want to add insult to injury, but it really is amazing cold brewed), and it pisses me off greatly that it’s been discontinued – especially since it’s from a local shop in my city :(

MissB

I’m seriously considering JennyFur if she’ll swap me some more (if I remember correctly, she said she had quite a bit?) and I’ll send her some other stuff – like Pineapple Matcha – in exchange. I really do want to try this cold brewed.

JennyFur

I’ll see what I’ve got for you dear. I beleive dear husband has ran off with the bag to work. If he hasn’t drank it all I’ll zip you some over easily. If he HAS, I can always pick some more up at the place I got it at if they still have it. Its downtown and I don’t go often, but when I go next I’ll check and see. They didn’t give us any steeping instructions either, so don’t feel bad. I had it hot and didn’t like it, while husband loves it, but said its easy to get the ratio wrong.

Roswell Strange

I’m curious where you get it from, JennyFur. They used to sell this at a local tea store downtown in my city, but it’s been discontinued there…

Comments

Roswell Strange

MissB