drank Christmas Tea Vert by Dammann Freres

This was the first tea (other than the advent calendar) that I cracked from my recent Dammann Freres/Vendomme Cadeau order. A huge thanks to yyz for letting me know about this optional way of purchasing DF teas! (Note: shipping was only 8 euros to Canada, and it got here in a week. Beautifully packaged as well).

So why did I pick this tea? Because it’s the only one I’m not sharing with others in some fashion, and because it’s such a small amount (cute 30g tin). Plus I love greens, and haven’t had a lot of late.

For some reason, I’m getting spicy in this blend. Cinnamon perhaps? Which is odd considering there’s zero cinnamon, just variations of orange (orange, orange peel). I definitely get orange though, and a touch of vanilla. It’s quite a lovely tea, although much better with a touch of Truvia. Light, refreshing, pleasant. I might order more if I could find a better price for a larger amount…. $20 for 30g including shipping seems a bit pricey for me, if only compared to the other teas I grabbed that were in the $11/100g range. Or maybe I’m just spoiled.

ifjuly

if I may be so nosy as to ask, how was customs? i’ve wanted to order DF for a while now but am always scared away by the risk of brokerage fees or my tea simply not being allowed in at all after paying so much. hmmmm…

MissB

I just paid the eight euros shipping and that’s it. Zero brokerage fees. I didn’t go through DF though, I went through these guys: http://www.cadeau-deco-vendome.com/ I’m also Canadian, if that helps.

thank you! (:

Dinosara

ifjuly- I just got my package ordered through the Dammann site and paid no customs fees. US address.

ifjuly

thanks Dinosara! that gives me hope too.

Comments

ifjuly

MissB

thank you! (:

Dinosara

ifjuly

thanks Dinosara! that gives me hope too.

Burnaby, BC, Canada