drank O'Connor's Cream by TeaGschwendner

Wow. This is… wow.

The description sounds delicious, and I’ve loved everything tgtea now that I’ve had. I’ve shared this with a few people, however this is the first time I’ve tried it. I must say, I wish I’d tried it sooner.

It smells like cocoa and malt out of the bag, and even more like cocoa after steeping, with a bit of the black base shining through. I taste cream first, then dark, dry cocoa, then something sweet and almost cloying after the sip – so much so that my mouth is watering. Vanilla? Ice cream? Burnt caramel? It’s lovely whatever it is, and I want it to linger forever. Zero sweetener in this one, although I can imagine it being fantabulous with milk and sweetener.

gmathis

Mmmmm. I’m extremely impressionable this evening—-haven’t read a tasting note that doesn’t make me covetous.

ifjuly

gmathis, i know right?! haha.

JustJames

hmmmmm…… tempted to go and get into my sample!

Fjellrev

Oh I like the sound of that.

MissB

Tempted? I’m just worried JustJames that the best part of this is the part you may miss? It was hard to tell. As it got cooler I liked it less, it got a bitter quality to it – bitter like unsweetened chocolate bitter.

JustJames

… aw! no! caramelly stuff? hmph. what is my problem? and what does butiki do differently from EVERYONE else? maybe stacy uses magic words. you know what they say… try try … try, try, try….. try……….. try again. =0)

MissB

It’s only at the very end, and for all I know, it’s vanilla. It’s something really sweet though, maybe ice cream -like. Try it? If you hate it, pass it along to your caramel-loving Steepsterites. ;)

JustJames

so… to sil. fiiiiiiiiiiiiine!

MissB

Hey, I’d try it first. It is one of those tgteas. ;)

Comments

gmathis

ifjuly

gmathis, i know right?! haha.

JustJames

hmmmmm…… tempted to go and get into my sample!

Fjellrev

Oh I like the sound of that.

JustJames

so… to sil. fiiiiiiiiiiiiine!

MissB

Hey, I’d try it first. It is one of those tgteas. ;)

Love: fruity, dessert, chai, spicy, all types of tea.

Vancouver, BC, Canada