drank Creamy Eggnog by Butiki Teas

I’m thinking I received this in a swap from VariaTea, but I’m not 100% sure. It just says “Creamy Eggnog” typed on it, along with some steeping instructions. No company name, so I’m assuming this is Butiki, and assuming this was from VariaTea just because this was with other samples she sent me. I hope I got that right!

I may have underleafed this accidentally. It still smells and tastes creamy to me though, although I’m missing anything eggnog flavored, such as nutmeg. Didn’t get anything else out of it sweetened, other than, well, it’s sweeter. Light, creamy, lovely. Just not eggnog to me. Not rating because I think I have some on the way, and because I’m pretty sure I underleafed the sample.

Thanks to whomever sent this to me! :)

VariaTEA

Nope this was not something I sent. I am sorry to hear it was not as flavorful as you thought it would be though.

Roswell Strange

I really enjoy this with a 2 tsp. of leaf to 10 oz. ratio – but taste wise it’s more like vanilla ice cream to me…

MissB

Hm. Now I’m really curious as to who sent this. Perhaps JustJames? I know it wasn’t Allie. JennyFur?

MissB

Rowell, I definitely underleafed then. I think it I used the entire sample at 1.5 tsp for 16 oz. It’s okay though, it’s yummy enough for me to get more (if there isn’t any in the box I pickup tomorrow in the US… honestly drawing a blank).

VariaTEA

I know JustJames prints out labels but he included steep times and company names on all the ones he sent me.

MissB

He did with many of mine too – this one was a smaller bag and different font though? I’ll wait for Monsieur James to chime in.

OMGsrsly

Ooooh, box pickup tomorrow? Teas this week some time? :) I’m busy Wednesday “after work” but my schedule is fairly flexible.

MissB

Sounds lovely to me! I’ll let you know once I’ve successfully grabbed everything tomorrow.

MissB

I’ve planned my day poorly and now need to pickup Wednesday evening. I’ve got some time Thursday during the day to get it to you?

JustJames

pardon moi? someone mention me? scan read…. scan read….. NOPE! i print labels because i can’t write worth sh** with the wrecked hand. really big printing, yes, like 1 inch minimum, but that doesn’t work on baggies of tea samples so well, lol. never even tried this blend either.

sorry, twas not i!

OMGsrsly

Haha. If we can arrange it so I can get to work before 10am, yes Thursday. Boss is back, so I have to be here at a “decent” time.

OMGsrsly

Or, you know, “after work” kind of times. I usually work 10-5 or so.

MissB

I’ll likely be after work kinda time, and prior to a comedy show I’m attending… I’m quite the night owl. :$ Getting me up before 10am is rare, although I can if need be!

OMGsrsly

Sure thing. I’ll message you my number. :)

Comments

VariaTEA

Roswell Strange

JustJames

sorry, twas not i!

OMGsrsly

Or, you know, “after work” kind of times. I usually work 10-5 or so.

OMGsrsly

Sure thing. I’ll message you my number. :)

Burnaby, BC, Canada