Very unusual tea, one that evokes many a childhood memory camping, and even more surprisingly, of my neighbors burning former Christmas trees in their backyard after the holidays.

I get zero mint or berry in here, although perhaps I would if I steeped it more. What I do get is smoke, strong smoke, and pine. It’s literally like drinking a smoking pine tree, and adding sweetener only makes me think of marshmallows dropped in the fire, caught on fire, with some pine needles stuck to it and their oil singeing the soft mushiness.

Really, really difficult to rate this one. I admire the creativity and thought put into this, as well as the evocative nature of the tea. At the same time, I’m less of a smokey tea person, and this is the first time I’ve had anything even remotely pine anything in a drink… that I know of, or consciously put in there… I did spent almost a year living in the forest.

I likely won’t order this again for myself, but I definitely will for friends whom I know will go gaga for this.

NofarS

You spent a year living in the forest? Do tell. We don’t have anything that can qualify as a true forest here.

MissB

Oh gosh, surrounded by them here (BC, Canada). It wasn’t quite a whole year, however my then-partner and I worked/volunteered for BC Parks, and managed a few campsites for them. All we had was a tent, and zero power or running water. We did manage electricity however to power my laptop (via a battery that plugged into the car), and drove into town as needed for supplies, food and companionship. It was really, really hard at the time and not a lot of fun, but now I remember it fondly. We were all over the place, but the majority of the time was spent in Kaslo, BC. There’s a yearly music festival there that takes place on the beach… musicians on a floating stage, festival-goers on the sandy beach. Was amazing!

Tuscanteal

I love our BC forests here.

OMGsrsly

My grandparents used to host at various campgrounds every summer. It was so much fun to go visit them. :) That sounds like an incredible experience.

Comments

NofarS

MissB

Tuscanteal

I love our BC forests here.

OMGsrsly