Out of the bag this smells just like a Shirley Temple to me, likely because of the grenadine. I love Shirley Temples (or, used to)!

Steeped it smells like a black with a hint of something floral. Drinking it wasn’t terribly exciting – a black tea, basically – so I added some sweetener. Now this tastes like a tea Shirley Temple to me, and it’s quite tasty. Still not a fan of the base, as it’s gotten bitter really quickly even with a short steep (and zero instructions to give me any sort of guidance).

I’ll try this with a shorter steep next time, maybe even a slightly lower temperature, and hopefully then the bitterness disappears.

I own an obscene amount of tea, and am always happy to share. Just got back from a six month exploration of Western Europe, so I’ve got some pretty lovely tea that we just can’t easily find this side of the pond. Woot!

In addition to loving tea, I’m a dating columnist, nerd, and avid knitter. I read way too much, type even more, and spend my ‘free’ time exploring, playing board games, reading, hiking, hanging with friends.

Allergies: Strawberries and all grains. I’m having a mild allergic reaction to both lavender and some roses in tea, although for some reason the French seem to have figured out how to do this without making me ill. I also avoid sugar and Splenda where possible.

Burnaby, BC, Canada