Out of the bag this smells just like a Shirley Temple to me, likely because of the grenadine. I love Shirley Temples (or, used to)!

Steeped it smells like a black with a hint of something floral. Drinking it wasn’t terribly exciting – a black tea, basically – so I added some sweetener. Now this tastes like a tea Shirley Temple to me, and it’s quite tasty. Still not a fan of the base, as it’s gotten bitter really quickly even with a short steep (and zero instructions to give me any sort of guidance).

I’ll try this with a shorter steep next time, maybe even a slightly lower temperature, and hopefully then the bitterness disappears.

Burnaby, BC, Canada