I steeped this for only 3 minutes, yet I think it’s too much. It definitely tastes like cookies – the kind you’d get at McDonalds, the cheapo chocolate chip ones that I haven’t had since I was a little kid anyway, so maybe I’m out to left field. However, it tastes like burnt, cheapo chocolate chip cookies. It’s bitter. It’s astringent. If it weren’t for those two things, I’d wholeheartedly recommend this tea to any gluten or grain -free person who misses their “real” cookie fix, because this is pretty darn close.

Will try steeping this again for only two minutes next time and see what happens.

I own an obscene amount of tea, and am always happy to share. Just got back from a six month exploration of Western Europe, so I’ve got some pretty lovely tea that we just can’t easily find this side of the pond. Woot!

In addition to loving tea, I’m a dating columnist, nerd, and avid knitter. I read way too much, type even more, and spend my ‘free’ time exploring, playing board games, reading, hiking, hanging with friends.

Allergies: Strawberries and all grains. I’m having a mild allergic reaction to both lavender and some roses in tea, although for some reason the French seem to have figured out how to do this without making me ill. I also avoid sugar and Splenda where possible.

Burnaby, BC, Canada