Buying a Breville tea maker was the best thing I ever did. Then I got lazy, and stopped using it to steep my teas. Instead, I now make one cup at a time using a teabag, and use the Breville to boil the water to the perfect temperature. I think I need to go back to Breville-making tea, and just accepting I’ll have to brew up 4 cups at a time. Wow. First world problems.

What all this means is that I grossly oversteeped this tea as well – by 20 minutes. It got a bit bitter when I finally got to it, however sweetening it helped dramatically. It does taste like a sweet cupcake. Red velvet? Perhaps, more raspberry cake, but I’m okay with that.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more
Starfevre

I just brew 2 cups at a time….and use giant mugs. :)

JustJames

LMAO. read this review out loud.

MissB

I have giant mugs (the two cup kind, yay!) I just find when I use the Breville for two cups, the tea only sometimes comes out right. I read somewhere (can’t remember where) that it needs 1L to brew properly.. and I can see it when it steeps, especially if it’s ‘big’ tea and takes up a lot of space. Not all of it will get wet after steeping. I imagine I should try again though, because I’m oversteeping practically everything I make these days.

MissB

Yikes. Well… only you would catch me on this one, JustJames. :P I’ll leave it for a laugh and giggle.

Starfevre

I do ~800 ml at a time and it seems to come out fine. I had not heard the 1L thing so I will have to investigate but I’ve never had a problem with dry tea at that amount.

Comments

Starfevre

I just brew 2 cups at a time….and use giant mugs. :)

JustJames

LMAO. read this review out loud.

Starfevre

Teaholic, with a leaning toward rooibos, green, puerh and white teas, although I’m trying some black tea again. Missing living near a tea shoppe that offers a lot of options; my only (within walking distance) choices are currently mall-bound. Still, I have a whole cupboard dedicated to tea.

Burnaby, BC, Canada