drank Elixo by Domo

Backlogged from yesterday (I think).

Ordered this from SPUD, a local organic delivery company that offers some really great food and products, many of which originate in the Vancouver, Canada area. This is one of those products.

“Stone ground tea” is prominently posted on the packaging, and it looks like dried, ground honey (and smells like it, too). I wasn’t a huge fan of sweeteners being added to the mix already, however I love ginger teas, and this is something I could see myself drinking when feeling icky. So, I grabbed some.

It requires a tablespoon per cup, and I found it difficult to dissolve so many solids into the allotted hot liquid. I’ll try 1 tsp next time, as I used the dregs from the first cup to make another two cups, and it tasted the same each time.

This is very similar to a ginger tea I used to buy at a local Asian grocery store years ago: powdered ginger, powdered honey, add hot water, serve. I stopped drinking that one because, although inexpensive and really yummy, it was just too much sugar. I have the same issue with this tea. It’s yummy, it’s also got ground rooibos in it, however it’s just way too sweet for me.

Boiling 8 min or more
Dexter

Interesting, I had never seen/heard of this until I was in London Drugs Saturday. I bought the Caramel Chai.
Will keep it in mind to use a lot less than recommended.

OMGsrsly

I definitely use 1 tbsp per cup, but my cup is about 10-11 oz, not 8. It’s especially nice to have something sweet and so gingery while out camping.

I wish they made it without all the sugar, as well. So much nicer to add your own.

Comments

Dexter

Will keep it in mind to use a lot less than recommended.

OMGsrsly