drank Elixo by Domo

Backlogged from last night’s marathon of sleeplessness and potentially fighting off a cold.

Tried it again, realizing that I’d grossly underleafed it last time (1/2 tbsp instead of a full one). This time I really got the cayenne and ginger, and it was delicious. Still had a large amount of dregs at the bottom that refused to mix into the hot liquid though. If this were unsweetened, it would be my tea of choice on many days.

EDIT: Upping the rating, as I really do enjoy this, it’s just still way too sweet for my needs.

Boiling 8 min or more
OMGsrsly

I’ve seen packets of their plain ground rooibos at Famous Foods, and it’s no where near as finely ground as matcha. I don’t think it’s possible for it to fully dissolve or suspend in the tea. (Not on their website. No ingredients on their website, either. Ugh.)

Comments

OMGsrsly

I own an obscene amount of tea, and am always happy to share. Just got back from a six month exploration of Western Europe, so I’ve got some pretty lovely tea that we just can’t easily find this side of the pond. Woot!

In addition to loving tea, I’m a dating columnist, nerd, and avid knitter. I read way too much, type even more, and spend my ‘free’ time exploring, playing board games, reading, hiking, hanging with friends.

Allergies: Strawberries and all grains. I’m having a mild allergic reaction to both lavender and some roses in tea, although for some reason the French seem to have figured out how to do this without making me ill. I also avoid sugar and Splenda where possible.

Burnaby, BC, Canada