Wow. This smells divine. Definitely like milk and cookies! Even steeped, the smell remains, and my office space smells lovely.

Hot, this is perfect. Like, I couldn’t imagine anything better. Creamy, buttery, and dark graham cookie – kind of perfection. Zero astringency or bitterness. I did make sure to overleaf slightly (1.25 tsp per cup) and had the water just below boiling for steeping. I did steep it WAY too long again though, and yet, still perfect.

Once cooled however, the tea gets bitter and astringent, in an icky way. Some sugar helps slightly (it was perfect as-is when hot), however it’s still really drying to the palate.

Note to self: only drink this hot. It’s excellent there, and less than excellent if I wait too long. Giving it a high rating for the taste when it’s excellent.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more
VariaTEA

This one didn’t work for me. It was bitter but smelled sooo good. Perhaps I should follow your parameters and try it. I have 2 packages of this to get it right.

Cavocorax

Did you really steep this one for 8 minutes? I guess I’ll try it for longer and see if I can coax more flavour!

MissB

I actually steeped it for 23 minutes. :$ It was perfect hot. As soon as it cooled though, ick. Left it to get completely cold, and the first few sips were good again, and then… bitter.

Cavocorax

Wow. Good to know. 23 min? Huh. (I’m just stunned something could be drinkable after that long)

Comments

VariaTEA

MissB