drank Noël à Prague by Dammann Freres

Another one of the wonderful samples from Dammann Freres’ advent calendar.

Smells really odd out of the package – like chocolate prunes? Then I looked at the ingredient list. Okay! This smells as it should. Steeped, I actually get the texture of prunes (interesting) and dark, bitter cocoa. A little bit of sweetness brings out the orange/clementine a bit more. Missing all of the caramel, however it’s still really yummy. Steeped for only three minutes, and I think that’s what I’ll do for the rest of these instead of the recommended 4-5 minutes.

Burnaby, BC, Canada