drank Noël à Prague by Dammann Freres

Another one of the wonderful samples from Dammann Freres’ advent calendar.

Smells really odd out of the package – like chocolate prunes? Then I looked at the ingredient list. Okay! This smells as it should. Steeped, I actually get the texture of prunes (interesting) and dark, bitter cocoa. A little bit of sweetness brings out the orange/clementine a bit more. Missing all of the caramel, however it’s still really yummy. Steeped for only three minutes, and I think that’s what I’ll do for the rest of these instead of the recommended 4-5 minutes.

I own an obscene amount of tea, and am always happy to share. Just got back from a six month exploration of Western Europe, so I’ve got some pretty lovely tea that we just can’t easily find this side of the pond. Woot!

In addition to loving tea, I’m a dating columnist, nerd, and avid knitter. I read way too much, type even more, and spend my ‘free’ time exploring, playing board games, reading, hiking, hanging with friends.

Allergies: Strawberries and all grains. I’m having a mild allergic reaction to both lavender and some roses in tea, although for some reason the French seem to have figured out how to do this without making me ill. I also avoid sugar and Splenda where possible.

Burnaby, BC, Canada