drank Nutmeg Cream by Butiki Teas

I’m confused by this one. My first Amoda box, specifically to enjoy these three specially made teas by Butiki. This one was first I grabbed this morning (3pm morning for me!) and it smells divine.

Steeped, it’s a bit strange. The mouthfeel is like granular nutmeg. It tastes lovely – like a creamy, nutmeg-heavy eggnog, and the black base is very apparent. It’s obviously well made and carefully crafted, there’s just something in it that’s making my stomach rebel. Perhaps I need to eat something substantial.

Fjellrev

Can’t win ’em all!

Comments

Fjellrev

Can’t win ’em all!

I own an obscene amount of tea, and am always happy to share. Just got back from a six month exploration of Western Europe, so I’ve got some pretty lovely tea that we just can’t easily find this side of the pond. Woot!

In addition to loving tea, I’m a dating columnist, nerd, and avid knitter. I read way too much, type even more, and spend my ‘free’ time exploring, playing board games, reading, hiking, hanging with friends.

Allergies: Strawberries and all grains. I’m having a mild allergic reaction to both lavender and some roses in tea, although for some reason the French seem to have figured out how to do this without making me ill. I also avoid sugar and Splenda where possible.

Burnaby, BC, Canada