drank Red Velvet Cupcake by Simpson & Vail

Just not loving this as much as I did when I first got it, so the rest is getting sent to the lovely Cavocorax shortly. It’s still tasty – especially with some Truvia – I’m just not in love with it anymore. Poor tea. I’m sure your new owner will shower you with hot water and sighs of delight.

Boiling 8 min or more
Cavocorax

Haha. I hope so! I think that’ll be my first S+V tea! I liked Davids version, for a while, but then I thought it was too sweet. Here’s hoping this one is better!

MissB

It’s definitely not sweet, or at least there’s zero sweetener added. I wasn’t able to drink DAVIDs version, so I’m hoping this is stellar in comparsion for you!

Dustin

Does S&V replicate a lot of David’s blends? This is the second one I have heard of. I never tried the original, but their version of the Cocomint is pretty good.

Shmiracles

oh dang! cocomint?! sold. i’m gonna place my next order with S&V it seems. samples samples samples.

yyz

Dustin the cocomint one was purposeful. They had a client commission it after David’s didn’t keep it as a permanent selection.

Cavocorax

I’m not sure Red Velvet was supposed to replicate Davids’s version. At least this version is a rooibos.

Cocomint WAS a direct replication as a request from Jackie T on Steepster who wanted to be able to buy more after DAVIDs shelved it. I hear that one is pretty much identical except the coconut is a little different.

yyz

Shmiracles you usually have to search for the cocomint type in Jaclyn and it comes up

Dustin

I had seen that the cocomint was a client request, I just wasn’t sure if they did similar blends of discontinued tea often. It was Jackie’s post and enthusiasm that sold me on it. I have a couple old Teavana favorites that I wouldn’t mind seeing someone recreate. They were my gateway teas to loose leaf.
Shmiracles, if you want a sample of the cocomint, PM me your mailing address and I’ll send you some. The minimum amount they let you buy is something kinda big like 4oz.

Comments

Cavocorax

MissB