drank Red Velvet Cupcake by Simpson & Vail

Just not loving this as much as I did when I first got it, so the rest is getting sent to the lovely Cavocorax shortly. It’s still tasty – especially with some Truvia – I’m just not in love with it anymore. Poor tea. I’m sure your new owner will shower you with hot water and sighs of delight.

Boiling 8 min or more
Cavocorax

Haha. I hope so! I think that’ll be my first S+V tea! I liked Davids version, for a while, but then I thought it was too sweet. Here’s hoping this one is better!

MissB

It’s definitely not sweet, or at least there’s zero sweetener added. I wasn’t able to drink DAVIDs version, so I’m hoping this is stellar in comparsion for you!

Dustin

Does S&V replicate a lot of David’s blends? This is the second one I have heard of. I never tried the original, but their version of the Cocomint is pretty good.

Shmiracles

oh dang! cocomint?! sold. i’m gonna place my next order with S&V it seems. samples samples samples.

yyz

Dustin the cocomint one was purposeful. They had a client commission it after David’s didn’t keep it as a permanent selection.

Cavocorax

I’m not sure Red Velvet was supposed to replicate Davids’s version. At least this version is a rooibos.

Cocomint WAS a direct replication as a request from Jackie T on Steepster who wanted to be able to buy more after DAVIDs shelved it. I hear that one is pretty much identical except the coconut is a little different.

yyz

Shmiracles you usually have to search for the cocomint type in Jaclyn and it comes up

Dustin

I had seen that the cocomint was a client request, I just wasn’t sure if they did similar blends of discontinued tea often. It was Jackie’s post and enthusiasm that sold me on it. I have a couple old Teavana favorites that I wouldn’t mind seeing someone recreate. They were my gateway teas to loose leaf.
Shmiracles, if you want a sample of the cocomint, PM me your mailing address and I’ll send you some. The minimum amount they let you buy is something kinda big like 4oz.

Comments

Cavocorax

MissB

Shmiracles

Dustin

Love: fruity, dessert, chai, spicy, all types of tea.

Vancouver, BC, Canada