drank Secret Garden by LuxBerry Tea

Wasn’t sure what to think of this tea, as it’s been in my cupboard for a few months now, and I’m totally blanking out on my last experiences with it. So, fresh palate it is!

There’s a lot going on in this cup – 8 ounces of water, 2 tsp of tea, steeped for about 10 minutes. The colour is dark brown, similar to many black teas, although the flavour is very different. I’m getting a fair amount of different flavours in here: raisin, carrot, lemongrass, tart apple, something herbal I yet to taste otherwise. A dark berry in there too somewhere. It’s juicy yet subtle if that makes any sense, and I think I understand more now why it’s called Secret Garden – it makes me think of the wonderful book by the same name that I read as a child.

Boiling 8 min or more

I own an obscene amount of tea, and am always happy to share. Just got back from a six month exploration of Western Europe, so I’ve got some pretty lovely tea that we just can’t easily find this side of the pond. Woot!

In addition to loving tea, I’m a dating columnist, nerd, and avid knitter. I read way too much, type even more, and spend my ‘free’ time exploring, playing board games, reading, hiking, hanging with friends.

Allergies: Strawberries and all grains. I’m having a mild allergic reaction to both lavender and some roses in tea, although for some reason the French seem to have figured out how to do this without making me ill. I also avoid sugar and Splenda where possible.

Burnaby, BC, Canada