drank Kapha Organic by TeaGschwendner

Had to try this again tonight, for trying to (what seems like) kill JustJames from trying this one out last night. Really, if it was THAT spicy, I’d have given it a warning! Yikes. I feel badly. So today when I parsed some more of this out, I put right on the label: SPICY!

HAD to try it again though after last night. It’s still got a strong kick to it, which is mitigated by some sweetener. I love savory teas though, especially ones that attempt to ramp up your digestive fire and/or nature with zero caffeine. For me, this is only a 4 out of 10 on the spice-o-meter.. I must have a high tolerance or something.

This is more a, “get things moving” kinda tea for me. Meaning – I need to go for a run, or I have to finish a project late at night, or I need to get rid of some lingering junk in my chest or nasal passages. PLEASE though, if you’re sensitive to spices with heat, or have an easily upset tummy, take a pass on this one. :(

JustJames

i am ulcer prone =0( but i’me fine with crazy strong chai.

guess i did a ten min steep? maybe a bit more?

OMGsrsly

James. 10 min would be WAY too long. 5 minutes is about the tolerance I have for tea. I’d gladly eat spicier food, but that’s food…

JustJames

IT SMELLED LIKE DILL!!!!! i thought it needed extra time to evolve. i smelled none of the death my way. no sympathy OMG? not a hint of ‘poor james’?

OMGsrsly

I steeped 5 minutes and half way through my cup my mouth was burning. :D But I was expecting it from your note last night.

JustJames

i had no idea a herbal could be so brutal. so mean….. geez. i went and bought tums tonight.

Good idea. :)

i sense that you are making fun 80\

OMGsrsly

No! That was sincere! Unexpected spice is no fun, like that time I spent all my money on 3/3 star Thai food, and had no choice but to eat it…

oh no. oh dear. i would have bought you milk. and patted your back. =o(

OMGsrsly

It was an accident, and thankfully we still had some rice in the house. LOTS of rice, wee little bit of spice. I think that was actually when I moved back here…

MissB

I know next time to give fair warning for this one. So sorry!

JustJames

no, no… i try NOT to read up on blends before i review, and i didn’t smell the pepper in it, lol.

lol i accidentally steeped with for about 8 mins… it’s great!

Comments

JustJames

i am ulcer prone =0( but i’me fine with crazy strong chai.

guess i did a ten min steep? maybe a bit more?

Good idea. :)

i sense that you are making fun 80\

oh no. oh dear. i would have bought you milk. and patted your back. =o(

MissB

I know next time to give fair warning for this one. So sorry!

JustJames

lol i accidentally steeped with for about 8 mins… it’s great!

Love: fruity, dessert, chai, spicy, all types of tea.

Vancouver, BC, Canada