drank English Toffee by Simpson & Vail

This is one of the more fragrant of S&V’s offerings, and thus covered in tinfoil whenever I send it, as well as in my stash.

Steeped, it’s less flavorful, which surprised me. I wonder with S&V; I’m one of those people that steeps tea up at the temperature and time I think it should be if there’s zero instruction on the packaging. So, I guessed. 1 tsp per 8 ounces, boiling water, 4 minute steep. Perhaps I need to overleaf it?

It’s a lovely tea, full bodied and rich, however there’s only a hint of english toffee at the very end of the sip, and it lingers. Buttery is definitely covered however – a decadent treat in that respect.

Ah, yes. Okay, suggested steeping is boiling for 3 minutes. Will try that next time.

EDIT: The description says “light butterscotch” which is accurate. I guess I just expected more from the initial, delightful smell. Upping rating slightly.

OMGsrsly

1.5 tsp per 8 oz. :) It’s my sweet spot, at least!

MissB

Ah… good to know! Thank you. :)

Comments

OMGsrsly

1.5 tsp per 8 oz. :) It’s my sweet spot, at least!

MissB

Ah… good to know! Thank you. :)

Love: fruity, dessert, chai, spicy, all types of tea.

London, England