drank Chestnut by Adagio Teas

I’m already well aware that I like the custom Adagio blends more than the basic teas, however anything chestnut calls to me. I literally can eat a bag of the cooked ones I find in a local Asian grocery store in two minutes flat. So, this tea appeals to me on several levels, even if I had lower-than-normal expectations.

I steeped it less than recommended as I find Adagio’s bases sometimes get bitter, fast. This definitely worked for me. Interestingly, this reminds me strongly of one of the TARDIS blends; this must be the base in it. I’m getting little chestnut however and more of a… hm. Creamy EG, with more cream than EG? Odd. Still tasty, just wondering if somehow the wrong tea was put in the wrong bag – or maybe I’m feeling more off than I thought. Holding off on rating, for now.

EDIT: Looked at the tea again; this is definitely not chestnut. Emailing Adagio now.

Dexter

LOL I like it, it reads as Chestnut to me. :))

MissB

Heh. This may well be my tastebuds… there’s just no chestnut pieces in it, as per the pics? That’s what threw me.

Fjellrev

Confession. I haven’t had chestnuts before. At least not since I was too young to remember. But I hear they’re fabulous.

Comments

Dexter

LOL I like it, it reads as Chestnut to me. :))

MissB