drank Walnut Ave (Sweet Macaron) by Tealish

So, I get this is a tea named after the street Tealish started on. Still, wouldn’t they, you know, use a walnut-based tea for this? Honestly, I picked this up and thought it would be like Nutty Enough or something instead of a tropical drink that it (seems to be) aiming for.

First off, I overleafed significantly, based on other reviews. I also brewed it at a low temperature for the same reason. It looks odd brewed up; I used a paper filter and yet it’s… chunky? Hard to describe. Thick. Velvet. Hard to see through.

I had to add a touch of stevia to this, and that’s when it really, really perked up. I get luscious, velvety, deep coconut with a pineapple twinge mid-way and well after the sip. I could see this being spectacular cold, with some booze added to it.

EDIT: Uh, okay. So there are supposed to be walnuts in here? I saw zero in my bag.

I own an obscene amount of tea, and am always happy to share. Just got back from a six month exploration of Western Europe, so I’ve got some pretty lovely tea that we just can’t easily find this side of the pond. Woot!

In addition to loving tea, I’m a dating columnist, nerd, and avid knitter. I read way too much, type even more, and spend my ‘free’ time exploring, playing board games, reading, hiking, hanging with friends.

Allergies: Strawberries and all grains. I’m having a mild allergic reaction to both lavender and some roses in tea, although for some reason the French seem to have figured out how to do this without making me ill. I also avoid sugar and Splenda where possible.

Burnaby, BC, Canada