drank Bengal Spice by Celestial Seasonings

I used to LOVE this tea. I found it accidentally about seven or eight years ago while housesitting; the owners had a big box and I was tempted to try it, so I did. I actually preferred it steeped way too long, because it would get all syrupy-sweet and cinnamon-y very quickly.

I had a bag of this the other night, and it was… lacking somehow. I oversteeped it my usual way, added zero sweetener, and it was just… thin. Flat. One dimensional. Lowered the rating in turn, however hopefully I’ll love it again someday soon.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more
gmathis

My memories of this one are that it tasted like somebody randomly dumped the contents of their dusty old spice rack into a bowl and dished it up into bags. Probably wasn’t really that bad!

Suziqzer

I always add a bit of milk or cream to give it that other dimension… more like a chai latte… only I just give it a splash of creaminess, not a whole cup.

greenteafairy

I’ve had similar experiences revisiting some former favorites from Celestial Seasonings lately.

Cavocorax

I double bag it!

Suziqzer

I single bag it, but let it steep for a long while. I grew up with C.Seasonings that way, so likely just what I’m used to.

Comments

gmathis

greenteafairy

Cavocorax

I double bag it!

Suziqzer

Love: fruity, dessert, chai, spicy, all types of tea.

Vancouver, BC, Canada