drank Soursop by Tea Time

Pretty sure this is what I had at the newly opened coffee/tea shop just a few blocks from my place. Interestingly, it’s called Camellia yet they’re more of a coffee place, AND there’s a tea house also opening next door.

So, I wanted to try something unique, and this called to me. Soursop?! Okay. It smelled like a dark berry with a hint of sourness, however brewed it smelled more.. floral. I ended up dumping it unfortunately, as it was all floral and soapy tasting to me. I’ll have to talk to the shop owners to see if it was perhaps their first brewed tea made (it well could have been) or if this is how the tea is naturally supposed to taste.

I own an obscene amount of tea, and am always happy to share. Just got back from a six month exploration of Western Europe, so I’ve got some pretty lovely tea that we just can’t easily find this side of the pond. Woot!

In addition to loving tea, I’m a dating columnist, nerd, and avid knitter. I read way too much, type even more, and spend my ‘free’ time exploring, playing board games, reading, hiking, hanging with friends.

Allergies: Strawberries and all grains. I’m having a mild allergic reaction to both lavender and some roses in tea, although for some reason the French seem to have figured out how to do this without making me ill. I also avoid sugar and Splenda where possible.

Burnaby, BC, Canada