I decided to do a bit of a taste test today, with Sil’s distinctive flavoring of the hazelnut matcha in the traditional base, and then Dinosara ‘s robust flavoring in the black base. I was so excited to try this earlier – it’s my first ever black base matcha (and I’ve had thousands of cups of matcha in my lifetime, so this is really saying something).

Mixed 1/4 tsp of matcha with 1/4 cup of whipping cream (again, needing the high fat content due to some medical needs) and the teensiest amount of pure stevia. It smells strangely of traditional (green) matcha, which surprised me. I was a bit worried the smell would translate into the flavor, to be honest – I wanted this cup very different than the distinctive green I’d just had prior. Luckily, I had zero to worry about. THIS is perfection. THIS is sublime. It’s like I’m actually eating hazelnuts that have been pureed and somehow fluffed into liquid whipping cream. Robust flavoring is perfect here, and the black base really makes the nut shine.

Iced
BrewTEAlly Sweet

I must have this!

Dinosara

Glad you like it! I will have to dig it out again myself and have a cup sometime.

OMGsrsly

MissB, that sounds divine! (Also: Whipping cream is soooo good!)

Comments

BrewTEAlly Sweet

I must have this!

Dinosara

OMGsrsly

MissB, that sounds divine! (Also: Whipping cream is soooo good!)

Love: fruity, dessert, chai, spicy, all types of tea.

London, England