drank Sichuan Caravan by Verdant Tea

Hm. My first order from Verdant, and what do I choose to drink? This one, of course. The pu-erh! :)

It’s less.. than what I was expecting however. Did I brew it wrong? I mean, it’s nice and quite fragrant. The base is lovely, I can definitely taste licorice and faint ginger. Still, there’s less kapow here than what I was hoping for. I used 1.5 tsp for 12 ounces. Do I need to overleaf?

OMGsrsly

Sil has mentioned it’s not as spicy and wow as the last batch. The last batch she sent me a tsp of, and it’s… amazing. I have a tiny bit left if you’d like to compare!

MissB

If you’re willing to spare, I’d love to compare!

keychange

You’re a poet and you didn’t even know it!! :)

Kamyria

LOL MissB… I love this one but that’s because I can’t tolerate too much ginger.. for me it’s just right.

OMGsrsly

Ok, it’s on the shelf and I’m marking it in my spreadsheet! :)

CelebriTEA

I think I used 2 tsp…I love it, but I have to admit that I like ginger in tea in smaller amounts… I like this even as it cools…it has a slightly mineral taste to me :-)

CelebriTEA

Ok…I need to take back the “slightly mineral” comment…lol…ya’ll are gonna laugh…
I needed to clean out my electric hot water pot…lol…I am a BlondTard…lol…
I love this tea ;-)

Comments

OMGsrsly

MissB

If you’re willing to spare, I’d love to compare!

keychange

You’re a poet and you didn’t even know it!! :)

Kamyria

OMGsrsly

Ok, it’s on the shelf and I’m marking it in my spreadsheet! :)

CelebriTEA

I needed to clean out my electric hot water pot…lol…I am a BlondTard…lol…
I love this tea ;-)

I own an obscene amount of tea, and am always happy to share. Just got back from a six month exploration of Western Europe, so I’ve got some pretty lovely tea that we just can’t easily find this side of the pond. Woot!

In addition to loving tea, I’m a dating columnist, nerd, and avid knitter. I read way too much, type even more, and spend my ‘free’ time exploring, playing board games, reading, hiking, hanging with friends.

Allergies: Strawberries and all grains. I’m having a mild allergic reaction to both lavender and some roses in tea, although for some reason the French seem to have figured out how to do this without making me ill. I also avoid sugar and Splenda where possible.

Burnaby, BC, Canada