drank Goji Berry x Lapsang by DuvalTea

My first of the teas sent to me (free) from DuvalTea from their sadly unsuccessful Indiegogo campaign. Thank you again!

Wolfberry? Wolfberry. Okay, let me look that up. Oh, see… much more interesting to list that Goji berry, or Goji plant – which is what wolfberry is. The article I read also likens the flavor to “sweet liquorice”, which, I guess I understand? I find this tea a bit sweeter in a fruity way than licorice itself, with a bit of soapy in there for good measure. It’s also surprisingly creamy, and the base is a lovely compliment. I’m laughing as I type this, because this may be the first time I’ve ever said that about a Lapsang. In fact, I get zero smokiness out of this, which I normally associate with Lapsang. Booyah!

If it weren’t for the soapy taste, I’d likely re-order this again. As this was the perfect amount for one cup, this is also a sipdown.

JustJames

goji is good stuff, great for you…. nice to eat dried too. tibetan i think? originally?

Comments

JustJames

Love: fruity, dessert, chai, spicy, all types of tea.

Vancouver, BC, Canada