drank Yunnan Cooked Pu-erh by DuvalTea

I love how the samples were just one-cup increments, and that it’s assumed I’ll re-steep repeatedly. I’ve yet to, and will update this if I do.

I love pu-erh, and this is the first I’ve tried that tastes mildly fishy (in a surprisingly good way), as well as with a touch of minerals and earthiness. It’s complex, has depth to it, and yet there’s an element of sweetness to boot that’s surprising me as well. I could see myself nursing this bag repeatedly all day, and I may just do that.

Flavors: Earth, Honey, Mineral

I own an obscene amount of tea, and am always happy to share. Just got back from a six month exploration of Western Europe, so I’ve got some pretty lovely tea that we just can’t easily find this side of the pond. Woot!

In addition to loving tea, I’m a dating columnist, nerd, and avid knitter. I read way too much, type even more, and spend my ‘free’ time exploring, playing board games, reading, hiking, hanging with friends.

Allergies: Strawberries and all grains. I’m having a mild allergic reaction to both lavender and some roses in tea, although for some reason the French seem to have figured out how to do this without making me ill. I also avoid sugar and Splenda where possible.

Burnaby, BC, Canada