drank White Rhino by Butiki Teas

Wait, a white that brews like a black? Okay… I’ll bite. The leaves are gorgeous, it smells divine as it brews, however it’s the flavor that got me going, “Wow. WOW!” Honeyed bread and cocoa, that’s what I get from this, although there’s quite a bit going on. It reminds me of Laoshan Black, yet… better. Richer? Fuller? A bit more depth? Hard to compare exactly until I have more Laoshan Black.

One of the best teas I’ve had to date, and one I’ll definitely drink more of often.

Thank you Stacy at Butiki for sharing a generous sample of this in my last order. I have some already, however this was much more fun to crack open. ;)

1.5 tsp in 12 oz.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Cocoa, Honey

CrowKettle

You get cocoa? Ah, this tea is so much fun :)

Dustin

Oooooo, sounds awesome. Going on my shopping list now!

Sami Kelsh

Wow. That sounds gorgeous!

MissB

What do you get out of it CrowKettle? I looked at a few other reviews, saw apricot a few times… I can see that in there too as it cooled. I have a feeling it’ll change with re-steeps (I was silly and forgot to this time), and evolve as well each time I try it.

CrowKettle

I tasted a lot of baked sweet potato. It was delicious, but I’d love to get the bread and cocoa you describe. I’ll just have to lower my temperature, and lengthen the steep time.

Comments

CrowKettle

You get cocoa? Ah, this tea is so much fun :)

Dustin

Oooooo, sounds awesome. Going on my shopping list now!

Sami Kelsh

Wow. That sounds gorgeous!

MissB

CrowKettle

Love: fruity, dessert, chai, spicy, all types of tea.

Vancouver, BC, Canada