drank Premium Chai by Butiki Teas

Oh, how I love chais. It’s been a bit hit or miss with them lately other than perhaps Chandernaggor from Mariage Frères, so I had high hopes for this one. It’s definitely a chai – I can taste the ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, perhaps cardamom. The base is just lovely, and it adds depth and a cocoa-ish note to the brew. I do wish however that there was more spice in here, and I’ll have to try it brewed IN cream next time, to see how the flavors change. Steeped it a bit shy of the instructions (five minutes, 212F) because I’m finding I prefer almost all of my blacks at a lower temperature and less steep time.

EDIT: Darn it, I underleafed! It needs 1.5 tsp per 8oz. Okay, well, I can see how this would make it more up my alley than it already is. I’ll likely order some whenever I grab the copious amount of Birthcake Cake reblend.

Thank you to Stacy at Butiki for sharing a sample of this with me to try it out!

1.5 tsp in 12oz with a touch of cream and sweetener.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cocoa, Nutmeg

Tabby

It’s easy to underleaf chais, I’ve noticed.

MissB

Had yet to notice that – however it makes sense, having so much other stuff in the blend.

Tabby

Yeah, sometimes you’ll get a scoop that’s just spices or something.

Comments

Tabby

It’s easy to underleaf chais, I’ve noticed.

MissB

Tabby

Yeah, sometimes you’ll get a scoop that’s just spices or something.

Love: fruity, dessert, chai, spicy, all types of tea.

Vancouver, BC, Canada