Okay, more research needed before going further into this tea. I smell and taste Lapsang smokiness, yet Steepster tells me it’s an oolong, which is normally something (I find) I have a strong, severe reaction to within minutes of drinking. I get violently nauseous, and while that’s all that happens, it’s really quite horrible. This is the first oolong in… many years… that I’ve had zero reaction to. Nice! This makes me think it’s a lapsang though instead of an oolong, especially because of the taste, so I’m off to figure out what’s what, and why.

…… and I’m back. Okay, so Lapsang is really only referring to the roasting process, which of course makes sense (although I do feel a bit silly). So it’s a roasted oolong, and that’s why I’m getting campfire/pine needles out of this. It’s earthy and slightly sweet, with lots of smoke and woodsy elements to it. I also get something gummy, resin-like out of this, maybe myrrh? Dunno.

I’ll have to re-steep this a few times to see what else I can get out of it. Verdant’s descriptions of cream and chocolate? Far from this experience for me, so far.

Thank you Sil for generously sharing this with me; I realize it’s no longer available, and quite pricey to boot. Truly appreciated!

Flavors: Cedar, Earth, Honey, Pine

Glad it didn’t make you nauseous! Sorry about that…

Kat_Maria

That’s interesting, I have a similar reaction when I have more than two cups of black tea in a row, or if the two cups I have happen to be too strong.

MissB

Sil, it’s really okay… I’m actually glad I just drank it! If I’d checked I would have just passed it along, and I’m so glad I went for it instead.

Kat_Maria, I used to have a similar reaction, then that stopped outright. Now it’s just (I guess certain) oolongs. I wish I could figure out the rhyme or reason behind it.

Comments

Glad it didn’t make you nauseous! Sorry about that…

Kat_Maria

MissB

Love: fruity, dessert, chai, spicy, all types of tea.

London, England