Had this last night, and while delicious, it tasted differently than normal. Knew just from the smell it was an S&V tea, which surprised me.

1.5 tsp in 12 oz.

Suziqzer

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Suziqzer

Just wondering. Does a brand/company sometimes have a similar taste throughout it’s blends ?

Fjellrev

S&V teas in particular seem to have a distinct, underlying base scent/taste.

sherapop

I find that often to be the case, Suziqzer. This makes a lot of sense when they use the same black tea base…

Suziqzer

I’ve not had enough of any one brand yet to notice that. Been sampling mostly right now. I have a feeling I’m going to have to be placing some orders here as we approach summer so we can have more around to try for iced teas… that goes fast around here! & it will be exciting to try new things.

MissB

I’ve sent you a few S&V, right Suziqzer? They’re very fragrant to start with, and I find after a while I just know it’s a Simpson & Vail blend from the scent. Those puppies need quarantining from my other teas!

I thikn that, in this case, S&V uses a distinctive chocolate flavor that I’ve yet to smell elsewhere, and then their base is also quite heady. Yummy though!

Suziqzer

Yes, you did :) You sent me Cinnamon Chocolate Brownie, Coconut Macaroon, & RootBeer. We liked all 3! I’m still working on the coconut- don’t want to see this one gone & am careful to drink it on evenings when I have time to enjoy it- I’ve been sharing it with my brother’s girlfriend though, she likes it too. Will likely order them all when I finally place an order with them.

Nattie

I had this last night, too! I broken my self-imposed caffeine ban especially for it, as I didn’t get my first cup of tea until 9PM! I don’t know how that happened, I usually always make time for tea.

Comments

Suziqzer

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Fjellrev

S&V teas in particular seem to have a distinct, underlying base scent/taste.

sherapop