drank Bourbon Barrel Puer Tea by J-TEA

Grabbed a small pouch of this to try, along with some others in J-Tea’s lineup. This tea was the main reason I made an order, and so it made sense it’s also the first I’m trying.

And.. wow. It’s like pu-erh candy. It’s still a pu-erh, however it’s faint and definitely in the background. I get more wine candy, red berry richness, something tannin, woodsy (in a rich, chocolatey way, not a rooibos way). I have some red wine here, and this tea is considerably sweeter and more full bodied, which surprised me. I do get the pu-erh coming through the more it cools, and it adds an earthy, sharp, mineral taste. It’s almost too sweet with added sweetener.1.5 tsp in 12 oz.

Flavors: Berries, Honey, Tannin, Wood

oh man, I want it!!!

MissB

Shipping was a bit … interesting. $7.50 I think for $20 worth of tea, and then he contacted me asking for another $7.50 – which I paid yet complained about, then was refunded that amount. I can send you some if you’d like, although they do sell it in sample sizes.

Awkward Soul

ooh that sounds interesting. I’ll have to check this place out.

Sami Kelsh

Wowzers, that sounds cool! I’m suitably intrigued :)

Stephanie

Whew, yeah I just checked it out on their website. $16 for one ounce of tea because of shipping?? That’s a bit too rich for my blood. I appreciate the offer to send me some to try, but I’ll probably just pass and not pursue this one. Shame though because I tend to love anything bourbon barrel aged! (Beer, etc)

Cheri

I may have to look into getting this one, too. Bourbon barrel anything is awesome.

Comments

Stephanie

oh man, I want it!!!

MissB

Awkward Soul

ooh that sounds interesting. I’ll have to check this place out.

Sami Kelsh

Wowzers, that sounds cool! I’m suitably intrigued :)

Cheri