drank Bourbon Barrel Puer Tea by J-TEA

Grabbed a small pouch of this to try, along with some others in J-Tea’s lineup. This tea was the main reason I made an order, and so it made sense it’s also the first I’m trying.

And.. wow. It’s like pu-erh candy. It’s still a pu-erh, however it’s faint and definitely in the background. I get more wine candy, red berry richness, something tannin, woodsy (in a rich, chocolatey way, not a rooibos way). I have some red wine here, and this tea is considerably sweeter and more full bodied, which surprised me. I do get the pu-erh coming through the more it cools, and it adds an earthy, sharp, mineral taste. It’s almost too sweet with added sweetener.1.5 tsp in 12 oz.

Flavors: Berries, Honey, Tannin, Wood

oh man, I want it!!!

MissB

Shipping was a bit … interesting. $7.50 I think for $20 worth of tea, and then he contacted me asking for another $7.50 – which I paid yet complained about, then was refunded that amount. I can send you some if you’d like, although they do sell it in sample sizes.

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

ooh that sounds interesting. I’ll have to check this place out.

Sami Kelsh

Wowzers, that sounds cool! I’m suitably intrigued :)

Stephanie

Whew, yeah I just checked it out on their website. $16 for one ounce of tea because of shipping?? That’s a bit too rich for my blood. I appreciate the offer to send me some to try, but I’ll probably just pass and not pursue this one. Shame though because I tend to love anything bourbon barrel aged! (Beer, etc)

Cheri

I may have to look into getting this one, too. Bourbon barrel anything is awesome.

Comments

Stephanie

oh man, I want it!!!

MissB

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

ooh that sounds interesting. I’ll have to check this place out.

Sami Kelsh

Wowzers, that sounds cool! I’m suitably intrigued :)

Cheri

Love: fruity, dessert, chai, spicy, all types of tea.

Vancouver, BC, Canada