My gongfu is… well less than optimal, so I decided to try and brew this Western style today, because it was calling to me. I looked at other, similar teas for ideas, and then just decided to go for it. Will update as I steep progressively.

Steep 1: 1 minute, 1 TB, 200F, 12 oz.
Thick yet light brew, rich, malty, mineral, earthy. Mineral more apparent at the end of the cup than anything.

Steep 2: 3 minutes, 200F, 12 oz.
Thick, dark like inky purple chocolate, smells earthy and chocolately, tastes more earthy and like minerals. Something sweet in the distance too, something that I fail to place, but it is quite lovely whatever it is.

Steep 3: 3 minutes, 1TB, 212F, 12 oz.
Increased the steeping temperature from Garret’s recommendation. This is a much smoother cup, almost silky in texture, and barely any mineral taste. Almost like a dark chocolate coffee.

Thank you Mandala and Garret for this great sample!

Flavors: Cocoa, Earth, Malt, Mineral

Garret

Hi! I love this tea. It’s been my first tea of the day for almost a year and a half. I’d recommend upping your water temperature on the ripe pu’ers and going for a full-boil to really draw the good stuff out. ENJOY, my friend!!

Dexter

MMMMMMMmmmmm Noble Mark, enjoy your evening with this wonderful tea.

Comments

Garret

Dexter

MMMMMMMmmmmm Noble Mark, enjoy your evening with this wonderful tea.

Love: fruity, dessert, chai, spicy, all types of tea.

London, England