drank Caramel Delight by Praise Tea Company

Opening the bag reminded me strongly of the tobacco my Dad used to roll into cigars. Thankfully, after steeping the smell changed, although there’s still echoes of tobacco in the flavor. Funny, it’s a first for me to say I like this. Normally, I shy away from anything tobacco-ish, other than maybe when it’s leather. Anyway, I digress.

I understand the intention behind this tea, however it’s too drying and tobacco-y for it to be a true, chewy caramel. It’s still nice, full-bodied and rich, it’s just not the cup I wanted this afternoon.

This came from (I think) my first swap on Steepster, from Allie. Thank you again!

Flavors: Caramel, Tobacco

gmathis

My father-in-law went through a pipe smoking phase, and though I don’t smoke or like it secondhand at all, I did love the scent of his pipe tobacco.

Comments

gmathis

Burnaby, BC, Canada