I have a box of this thanks to Angrboda, who at one point last year, had begged anyone with access to it, to send her some. I bought up what was in stock at a store down the street (five boxes), and sent her four, plus a handful of samples. While looking for Tension Tamer tonight, I found this (surprise!) and decided to crack it open and try it.

Wowzie wowza, no sweetener needed, this is one strong, sweet, vanilla/herbal tea. I grew up on plain Sleepytime, and loved it… this is quite different, yet still good. I taste more chamomile than in the regular blend, some sort of maybe berry leaf (I want to say blackberry, that’s what it’s reminding me of) and then kaPOW vanilla. It’s too sweet now because I added a touch of liquid stevia, however the smell is divine…

Angrboda

I find I definitely prefer this over the regular Sleepytime. I’m glad you could help me so I could try it. I’ve since found a shop where I can buy it locally, though, so I’m not longer afraid of running out. I’ve also, through the large CS selection in that same shop, got to try their honey vanilla chamomile which I think is quite similar to this one, only without mint. Both Husband and I are enjoying that one too. :)

Suziqzer

I haven’t this one yet, but like you, grew up on the regular Sleepytime. Haven’t tried the vanilla version yet, but sounds like I need to look for it. ;).

We tried the kids version… . Non of the three of us will drink it hot. Gonna have to try it cold steeped and see if it works that way.

Marzipan

I saw a Sleepytime Peach somewhere also.

Angrboda

I’ve seen that one too in Aforementioned Shop. I’ve been considering trying it out of a weird sense of completionism, but I’m sceptical about the peach. That’s an unpredictable flavour in teas/herbals for me.

Comments

Angrboda

Suziqzer

Marzipan

I saw a Sleepytime Peach somewhere also.

Burnaby, BC, Canada