Well, I royally messed up the steeping of this. According to the directions on the bag (which differ from the website): 2g in 150mL for 30-60 seconds at 158-176F for the first few infusions, and increasing steeping time and heat thereafter.

I weighed one of the surprisingly large balls, and it was 3.38 grams. So I plunked two into a large mug, 200F water cooled to 185F, and steeped it for two minutes. As that wasn’t strong enough, I added another minute to the steep.

This tea smells like chocolate out of the bag and even more so as it steeps. It’s got a really sweet flavor to it, almost too sweet. That’s the majority of what I got from the first steep, although when it was hotter, it had an earthy cocoa quality to it as well as a malty flavor.

Do I like this? Yes. However I need to play with it a LOT more before I can say that I love it.

Got it here: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/wholesale-100g-Handmade-Black-Dragon-balls-Organic-Black-Pearl-3-5-OZ-free-shipping/487099430.html

Flavors: Chocolate, Honey, Malt

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 7 g 18 OZ / 532 ML
Ubacat

I’m really curious about some of the teas from this store! Looks like great stuff. I checked it out but everything is in huge amounts.

MissB

Oh? It was all so cheap, I didn’t notice. I can send you some if you’d like? Or, just go in with someone nearby maybe if you’d rather, it’s all so very inexpensive.

Ubacat

Oh cost wise I think it was good. It was just that you couldn’t order anything less than 100g. My tea cupboard is so full , I can’t imagine ordering 100g of even my fav tea. I would be interested in getting some samples from you on mostly the greens, whites, & puerhs (with an occasional black). If you want to swap anything with me or do it as sample surprise pack where I pay, I’m good with that.

Comments

Ubacat

MissB