drank Pu-erh by Blue Quill

I moved from Qualicum Beach – where this shop is located – almost four years ago now, so this is definitely an aged puerh. Ha! I wanted to try it again before I sent some off, and I’m glad I did. Brews up super dark, almost purple-black, and smells earthy and fresh. Tastes mushroom-y, and like cane sugar – the kind that crunches and has a hard time dissolving… it both feels and tastes like that to me, whatever that’s supposed to mean. I see it as a pretty standard tea though, and oddly, this came in tuo cha form, not loose as the picture shows.

Flavors: Earth, Honey, Mushrooms

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Crunches!

OMGsrsly

A crunchy tasting tea. That sounds super interesting, but I’m not sure I’d want to try!

Comments

Crunches!

OMGsrsly

I own an obscene amount of tea, and am always happy to share. Just got back from a six month exploration of Western Europe, so I’ve got some pretty lovely tea that we just can’t easily find this side of the pond. Woot!

In addition to loving tea, I’m a dating columnist, nerd, and avid knitter. I read way too much, type even more, and spend my ‘free’ time exploring, playing board games, reading, hiking, hanging with friends.

Allergies: Strawberries and all grains. I’m having a mild allergic reaction to both lavender and some roses in tea, although for some reason the French seem to have figured out how to do this without making me ill. I also avoid sugar and Splenda where possible.

Burnaby, BC, Canada