drank Chocolate Orange by DAVIDsTEA

Wow. That was all I could say for a little bit after trying this. This tea is just wonderful. Thanks so much to Bonnie for sending me a sample. Also, this is my first experience with pu-erh, so if it sounds like I have no clue what I’m talking about, that’s because it’s true.

The smell of this tea dry is exactly like a chocolate orange. I exercised great self restraint by not eating the chocolate bits out. After steeping, the sweet smells calm down some, and what I can only assume is the pu-erh smell makes an appearance. The tea looks dark and murky, but that means the chocolate melted! It definitely tastes like a chocolate orange as well, with a taste at the end that is most likely the pu-erh. I’m not sure exactly how to describe that taste. This is definitely going to the top of my “BUY NOW” list. Now if only I could find some of that Santa’s Secret.

Emilie

I did a second cup with the same leaves, and I love how different it is! Obviously there isn’t much chocolate flavor, as most of that melted into the first cup. There’s still a flavor of the orange, but the pu-erh really came out this time! And I definitely like it. I was a little worried at first because I smelt a bit of the fishy smell when I was steeping, but it’s not in the taste at all.

Bonnie

Glad you liked it! Did you add any milk or sweetening to make a latte? This is one of my fav’s!

Emilie

No, I liked it so much on its own that I didn’t even think to add anything! I am interested in trying it as a latte though. What would be the best way to do that in a dorm room? I have a microwave, and a stove down the hall.

Bonnie

Just add some agave or whatever you like to make it a bit sweet and some milk or cream (I use can milk mostly because I live alone and can get smaller amounts so I’m not wasteful) …I bet you can get some kind of small cream in a cafe…just add to the tea. Honey has it’s own flavor and for me I prefer to add it to black tea (or any for me) that is not flavored or complex just a basic tea.

Comments

Emilie

Georgetown, Texas