This smells like cleaner when you open it! The smell does get better when you steep it at least. The flavor is mostly orange and nothing else. I can finish it, but I definitely won’t be buying more. Anyone want to try some?

Unrelated: I’m going to be placing a DAVIDsTEA order soon. Anybody have any suggestions? :)

Greatlin

I’m looking forward to getting mine. I found most of the suggestions on here from another r/tea person. ie: banana oolong. I need an intro to earl greys esp. after seeing all your lady grey posts.. maybe we can swap mints for greys? :)

Emilie

I’ve already had a few that I’m just really interested in trying before they disappear.
Sure! I’ll actually be getting a few Cream Earl Greys soon, so I can send those out as well. I really like Earl Grey, so I’m more than happy to share some of my favorite teas with others :)

Greatlin

Which ones are you referring to? My Davids Teas just came today and I am trying the banana oolong right now. About earl grays- do they all have bergamont in them?

I recommend (based on my liking them) – not sure of your tastes:
-Read My Lips
-Detox
-Lime Gelato
-Wild Yunnan Black
-Spearmint
I’m really interesting in sniffing/trying some of the new cake line, but I’m not sure how they fare yet. ; )

Greatlin

I agree, I just saw the cake line and received the spring catalog and already want to place another order. I was hesitant about the read my lips because of the candy pieces. Do they mess up your infuser or dissolve completely?

Emilie

As far as I know, yes they all do have bergamot. I think that’s what makes it an Earl Grey. However, some are so weak you can’t taste it and some are so strong you need milk to drink it.

I have Santa’s Secret, which has candy candycane bits. It seems like they dissolve well as long as you have it hot enough.

Greatlin

Yeah, I think I don’t like bergamot. It is probably because I don’t take anything with my tea. On the rarest of occasions I may add a bit of honey. Maybe i need to get on the milk and sugar train.

Uniquity

@Greatlin. I don’t find they dissolve completely, but they are pretty minimal. I just dump them out with the rest of the spent leaves. : )

Greatlin

Sounds great! I wasn’t sure if they stuck to the infuser or not. Next order, I’ll have to try it!

Comments

Greatlin

I recommend (based on my liking them) – not sure of your tastes: