drank Black Chai by La Route Des Indes

Received this from Amanda, thanks!

So this one is definitely interesting. It has big pieces of different spices. It seems like it would be nice and strong. And yet it’s quite mild. The whole time I was drinking it, I was trying to figure out what the smell reminded me of. It turns out, it’s pho!

I used to go to this pho restaurant in California, it was wonderful. I guess some of the spice in this chai were also used in the broth for the pho. It’s interesting, but I’m not sure how I feel about a pho broth latte

momo

When I was measuring it out, it reminded me of it too because of all the star anise. The vendor I bought it from was more into selling spices I guess. But I would have thought that would make their chai really good!

Emilie

That’s what I was thinking! As much nice looking spices as there was in there, I was expecting a much spicier flavor.

Comments

momo

Emilie