I’m so happy this was a tea that was chosen to be rescued! Thanks RachanaC and I look forward to more wonderful rescue teas :)

When I first opened this, I was immediately struck by the strong smell of blueberries. But under that, the more you smell it, the more this other scent comes out. It smells like some delicious bread dessert baking in the oven. Hopefully that taste comes through in the tea and this isn’t just a blueberry tea!

I seem to have trouble getting the temperature and time right with 52Teas’ black teas. Everyone else seemed to like about boiling and 4 minutes, so I went with that. After adding the water, the blueberry smell isn’t as strong and that baking smell comes out more. At the beginning of the sip, it’s blueberry. But then, somewhere near the end of the sip, the cream cheese danish flavor comes in. It feels like you’re actually eating a danish. It’s just the perfect amount, neither of the flavors overwhelming the other, though I do wish they blended together a little more. I honestly can’t complain though. Adding milk seemed to make the blueberry flavor a lot weaker, and the danish flavor a lot stronger. How do you even manage to make tea taste like this? I’m assuming 52teas employs a wizard until proven otherwise.

Dylan Oxford

From what I’ve heard, he works very closely with the oompa loompa union.

Comments

Dylan Oxford

From what I’ve heard, he works very closely with the oompa loompa union.

Georgetown, Texas