drank Professor Grey by Della Terra Teas

I know a lot of people are upset with this one because it’s smokey, but honestly, I have to say that I enjoy it. I wasn’t sure at first, but now that I’m revisiting it, I’m definitely liking it. I’m a little disappointed that it isn’t what I expected, but I do enjoy it for what it is.

I decided to try it with milk this time, to see if it brought the chocolate out any more. The red sprinkles make the milk look really odd. There’s a faint bergamot, with the smokey flavor upfront. There’s definitely more of a creamy milk chocolate flavor that I couldn’t taste much without the milk. I still don’t recommend it to anyone who doesn’t like smokey teas, but I’m really enjoying this one now.

Kittenna

I think part of the reason that people were finding this offputting is because if you a) haven’t had a smoky tea previously or b) don’t like smoky teas, it can taste very strange/unpleasant! Of course, no prior warning via the tea description was a problem as well. I definitely enjoy it for what it is :)

Emilie

I definitely understand people not enjoying this, the first time I had it, I wasn’t sure how I felt because it just wasn’t what I was expecting. I really enjoy smoky teas, so this is good to me now! I wonder how it ended up smoky though

Kittenna

I’m noticing that Della Terra doesn’t fully list ingredients for their teas…. I feel like either they don’t blend them themselves or there’s some sort of missed step between blenders and website ppl.

Comments

Kittenna

Emilie