Had this blend for a late breakfast before heading out. I really like strong smokey teas, so I was excited for this one. The oriental spice in this one seems to tone down the lapsang, without really showing itself. At first, I was disappointed with the lack of smoke, but I like how smooth the other elements make this tea. It’s not bitter at all and honestly better than I was expecting.

On a mostly unrelated note, I found out that Zhi Tea is near me and I plan on going soon! I just have to find someone I can convince to go with me..

Shmiracles

yay! someone else who likes lapsangs more than most people!
i actually prefer the blends, just cuz they are so diverse and interesting.
and if i had some Smaug tea left, i would send it to you immediately. i just finished it last week and i’m gonna have to get more of that one. maybe i’ll contact you when i do :)

Stephanie

I love the idea of a lapsang blend. Neat!!!

Emilie

I haven’t really tried many lapsang blends, though I did mix some with a maple tea a while back. That was really good!

Would you like to try some of this one Stephanie?

Comments

Shmiracles

yay! someone else who likes lapsangs more than most people!
i actually prefer the blends, just cuz they are so diverse and interesting.

Stephanie

I love the idea of a lapsang blend. Neat!!!

Emilie

Would you like to try some of this one Stephanie?

Georgetown, Texas