drank Marco Polo by Mariage Frères

While looking through my little sample box to see what I should have, the bad of this stuck to the adhesive on the box and ripped open. For some reason, I always look over this, so I took that as a sign I should finally drink it. So far, I’m glad I did. It’s sitting next to me, and I’m getting some lovely smells. There’s a very sweet, creamy, vanilla smell, and under that a bit of a fruity scent. I wasn’t super careful with the steep time, so hopefully that didn’t throw off the taste too bad.
Hmm, I’m not getting as much flavor as I expected. Perhaps I needed to steep it for longer. I’m definitely getting a bit of sweet, creamy, fruity flavor, but it’s a hint. I have had this for a while, so there is a chance it could be old too. How disappointing, everyone else seemed to really enjoy this one! Oh well :(

Fjellrev

That’s too bad! This one has always intrigued me, and sounded like it would be bursting with flavour.

Emilie

The scent definitely seemed like it was bursting with flavor as well! Like I said, I think there was a mess-up somewhere, whether it was me or just old tea. I definitely want to try this again sometime, it sounds like it’s a pretty good tea.

gmathis

Ashmanra taught me to go easy on steep time and temperature with Marco Polo—a little less on both. That may help.

Comments

Fjellrev

Emilie