drank Valentine's Blend by Harney & Sons

I received this one in a swap, thanks to whoever sent it to me! I really enjoy chocolate teas and I’ve been excited to try this one. I normally steep my black teas for about three minutes if I don’t have a particular time for them. However, on the bag was written a recommendation for five minutes. A bit long, but I wanted to give it a go.

As soon as the water hit the tea, a sweet smell floated out. After the five minutes, I finally get to taste it and…it’s bitter. I don’t get any of the flavors, just a bitter tea taste. I added some milk to help cut the bitterness, which it definitely did. I’m still not getting any chocolate though.

As I sit here typing this, and it cools, however, I feel like I’m getting more creamy chocolatey flavor. Yep, definitely chocolate, though not a very strong flavor. I think next time, I’ll drop the time down to four minutes and give that a try. At some point, I’ll also try a cold brew to see if it brings out the flavor any more. For now, I’m not super happy with this tea, but I feel like that may be due to my brewing and not the tea itself